Standing Ovation for Stephen Ritz and his Students at TEDxManhattan
This past Saturday, at TEDxManhattan, the students and I took the stage and received a STANDING OVATION! What an honor. We revealed our vision for the National Health and Wellness Center here at CS 55 and you heard us loud and clear! Within CS 55, we are already seeing the fruits of our labor and the add value we are bringing. These include:
- 50% reduction year-to-date in behavioral incidents and out of class time
- Dramatic improvement in School Quality Review and School Report Card – we have helped to move scores from Developing to Proficient in five critical areas of School Performance – school culture and performance are changing daily
- Weekly lunch and learns with Principal Torres and students, faculty and parents – all grown by students in school
- Students and faculty are taking home fresh produce on a weekly basis – we have a waiting list!
Our goals once we open the Center in September include:
- Increased school-wide scores on NYS Standardized Testing
- Embedded curriculum within the entire school, across all grade levels
- Comprehensive programming before, during and after school as well as evenings and weekends
And by the way….. We will be sending home 100 bags of student grown vegetables distributed weekly, 52 weeks per year!
NOW IS THE TIME TO MOVE FROM EXCITED TO COMMITTED!
Today I urge you to walk with us, work with us, and GROW SOMETHING GREATER as WE BARNRAISE OUR WAY! Please take a moment to make a contribution and show just how much you care! The eyes of the future are looking back at us – we can make it better for them TODAY!
Si se puede!