As we are well into Back to School mode, we just wanted to catch you up on our amazing summer, powered by Sodexo! Over six weeks, our scholars:
- Logged 5,579,532 steps
- Rescued 1,769 meals
- Acquired 108 new vocabulary words
- Wrote over 100 letters to people, businesses, and visitors
- Grew over 5,000 pounds of vegetables – donated to food insecure recovering cancer patients – we even made television news!
- Prepared meals daily, learned to use chopsticks, made dumplings and kimchi, wrote our own fortune cookies
- Visited hospitals, colleges, museums, farms, famers markets, and business sites across NYC
- Planted at the Botanical Gardens
- We even rode camels!
Now we’re back in our places with bright shiny faces, classroom painted and ready to go!