Back to School
As we are well into Back to School mode, we just wanted to catch you up on our amazing summer, powered by Sodexo! Over six weeks, our scholars:
- Logged 5,579,532 steps
- Rescued 1,769 meals
- Acquired 108 new vocabulary words
- Wrote over 100 letters to people, businesses, and visitors
- Grew over 5,000 pounds of vegetables – donated to food insecure recovering cancer patients – we even made television news!
- Prepared meals daily, learned to use chopsticks, made dumplings and kimchi, wrote our own fortune cookies
- Visited hospitals, colleges, museums, farms, famers markets, and business sites across NYC
- Planted at the Botanical Gardens
- We even rode camels!
Now we’re back in our places with bright shiny faces, classroom painted and ready to go!